Jason Burrows is the CEO of an integrated marketing agency with a global reach focusing mostly on B2B. His first experience with social media was with Myspace to Facebook and then Twitter on a personal level which then evolved to use on a professional scale as well. It started with connections and telling stories, and today it’s still very much the same. Jason recently joined AMP UP Your Social Media’s host Glenn Gaudet to discuss ways in which a company can utilize LinkedIn to make connections and build relationships online.
“Empower your staff intelligently. Don’t just give them the tools; empower them.”
Jason discusses tips for using digital marketing as a way to generate traffic:
- Email can be difficult. If you want to generate leads from email, then you need to start with a huge database. If you don’t have that database, then you’ll have to spend a lot of money - and the results are still less effective than other methods of connecting with digital media.
- Social is the replacer for having a conversation with people. We can’t initiate a conversation, but rather, we have to be found. So we now must think about telling stories, content marketing, and volume. Use your staff as a marketing channel.
- Empower your staff. Big social accounts typically don’t garner as much traffic as much as the staff with corporate accounts will. This is where there’s a lot of hard evidence that empowering your staff works. So then you can worry about how to optimize it and improve it.
- Use GaggleAMP to remove the barriers. Many times it’s not a matter of interest when it comes to using social media but rather a matter of time. Simply put, many companies simply don’t have the time to invest in social media in an effective way. Use GaggleAMP to streamline the efforts and make it easier for employees to share your content.
- Avoid posting into groups. Spamming LinkedIn groups is simply just poor form, and many of these group managers will end up admonishing you or even excluding you from the group because of this. Employees in the same groups run the risk of spamming customers, and GaggleAMP helps to give control to avoid this issue.
Listen to Jason's podcast here.
Subscribe and get the AMP UP Your Social Media podcast on iTunes or listen below. Tweet about the show using #AUYSM or Tweet at us @AMPUPSocial. AMP UP Your Social Media is a proud member of the FIR Podcast Network.
About Jason Burrows
Jason Burrows is the CEO of the Intelligent Sales and Marketing Agency, Creation Agency. Jason works mainly with global brands on through the funnel marketing programmes, specialising in Marketing Automation and Social Marketing services.
AMP UP Your Social Media is sponsored by:
- GaggleAMP – Empower your employees, partners and resellers to amplify your social media.