Michelle LeBlanc is a social media strategist focusing primarily on employee engagement for B2B within the transportation and logistics industry. She began her professional journey into social media marketing amid her day to day duties in a traditional marketing position. Ultimately, the use of social media strategies stems from connecting the stories of employees with the overarching company narrative – all with the aim of achieving brand success through increased positive engagement. Michelle recently joined AMP UP Your Social Media’s host Glenn Gaudet to discuss how companies can employ social media strategies more effectively as they strive to achieve their goals.
Listen to the podcast below:
"Engage with your employees. Empower them to engage with your customers. Build your brand through social media."
Michelle discusses tips for using social media engagement with employees:
- There is a need to tie current social media presence for a brand to company goals. Social Media platforms are constantly changing the algorithms for presenting content, especially advertising, whether paid or unpaid. A focused strategy can counteract this while also ensuring the company’s objectives get accomplished.
- Build the human side of an organization through content creation. Real stories from employees shape the culture of the work environment and offers a new era of transparency into the day to day practices of your company. Social media not only allows employees to engage, but it also highlights their good work and positively impacts employee retention.
- Think beyond the standard for employee engagement. Experiment – the unexpected can set you apart in your industry or within your company. Go further than the traditional route to better engage current audience members. For instance, have a contest that invites participation and encourages employee content creation. Use of GaggleAMP can help make it easy for employees to have their voice shared.
- Planning is the key to social media engagement success. Take the time to make a focused plan to create one strategy and do it well. Make sure it aligns with your company’s goals to ensure effective use of the social media platform that is best suited to your company and its current campaign. Use GaggleAMP to make it convenient for employees to share your content.
- Recognize that employees are a content gold mine. Empower them as such. Invite them to use the technology already in their pockets to provide content about the very company you want them to be proud to work for. Be open to their suggestions and make sure they know they are an integral part of the team. GaggleAMP provides a path for you to do just this while managing and tracking what is shared and by whom.
Subscribe and get the AMP UP Your Social Media podcast on iTunes or listen below. Tweet about the show using #AUYSM or Tweet at us @AMPUPSocial. AMP UP Your Social Media is a proud member of the FIR Podcast Network.
About Michelle LeBlanc
Michelle LeBlanc is a social media strategist and digital marketer for Industrium. For more than ten years, Michelle has mainly worked with B2B companies, but has also provided her marketing and social media expertise to B2C and not-for-profit organizations.
AMP UP Your Social Media is sponsored by:
GaggleAMP – Empower your employees, partners and resellers to amplify your social media