Dorie is a marketing consultant, professional speaker and recognized as a “brand expert”. She is the author of two books, Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future and Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following. Dorie recently joined AMP Up Your Social Media host Glenn Gaudet to discuss how to build a following.
"How do you build your following? The ability to create tribes, create people who are interested in our message, who want to hear to about it and opt in to it. That’s something that GaggleAMP does really well; bring together a community of people who are interested in and eager to share your content.”
Dorie shares her process on how to build a following for your brand:
- Building Your Network: Start by creating a group of personal, trusted advisors and creating a 1 on 1 relationship with them. These should be people who can help you grow your idea and provide you with honest feedback before you begin sharing it.
- Building Your Audience: Next, you want to expand to a broader group of people with whom you can begin sharing your ideas. You want to expose them to your ideas and, hopefully, get them excited about your ideas through social media, blogging and speaking events.
- Building Your Community: Finally, you want people to believe in your message. It can’t just be you blasting your message, other people need to believe in your message and share the message too. It’s a powerful thing when you can get people to not only believe your message or idea, but also begin to share it.
Listen to Dorie's podcast here.
Subscribe and get the AMP UP Your Social Media podcast on iTunes or listen below. Tweet about the show using #AUYSM or Tweet at us @AMPUPSocial. AMP UP Your Social Media is a proud member of the FIR Podcast Network
About Dorie Clark
Dorie Clark is a marketing strategy consultant, professional speaker, and frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, Entrepreneur, and the World Economic Forum blog. Recognized as a “branding expert” by the Associated Press, Fortune, and Inc. magazine, she is the author of Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future (Harvard Business Review Press, 2013) and her next book, Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It, will be released by Portfolio/Penguin in April 2015.
AMP UP Your Social Media is sponsored by:
- GaggleAMP – Empower your employees, partners and resellers to amplify your social media.
- SafeLinks – Know when your links on social media messages fail before you lose out on the people clicking on them.
Grow your community!
Find out how GaggleAMP can help.