There is a revolution happening in how companies can and should handle people’s personal information, particularly when it comes to digital marketing. The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Europe has a global impact.
Jason Sibley, CEO and head of Campaign Strategy at Creation Agency, joins host Glenn Gaudet to discuss this topic. Together, Jason and Glenn have a candid conversation about the far-reaching effects of GDPR, both positive and negative, and what you should know in order to be prepared for how it will impact your marketing efforts.
Listen to the Podcast Below
What You’ll Learn:
- How marketers feel about the new GDPR guidelines and changes.
- How the GDPR is being handled in the UK from Jason’s perspective.
- What people are doing wrong when using the new GDPR guidelines.
- Cookies, IP addresses, and what qualifies as personal identifiable information.
- How the ripple effect of the GDPR is affecting technology companies and marketers and the tech they use.
- What the different ways of processing someone’s data are under the new GDPR guidelines.
- Why as a marketer you shouldn’t use email as the first touch.
- Should you be running a legitimate interest assessment before starting your marketing campaigns.
- How to handle the changes without fear and handle it like a new opportunity to improve your marketing efforts.